Rebirth. Renewal. Change. The seasons have shifted. We are in a perfect balance.
Ostara is the celebration of the Spring Equinox. Today, all is balanced and equal. The fertility of the goddess is united by the strength of the sun god. We are blessed with the spring: a time of growth, abundance, balance. Ostara is a time to celebrate fertility — which need not be interpreted literally, but rather a fresh start or a new beginning. Now is the time to plant the seeds of hope. Winter has subsided into the gentle warmth of Spring. Happy Equinox!
Anahita. The goddess of fertility, wisdom, healing. She is a goddess of both the water and floral blooms. Her roots stem from ancient Babylon. Anahita embraces the energy of the feminine and is viewed as “The Golden Mother”. But, also a warrior goddess. As she ruled over the flow of water, she also reigns over the flow of life — from conception to birth to death. Anahita embodies the Spring. We honor her flow at this time.
For this photo series, my friend Rena Hart and I went to El Matador Beach in Malibu. Rena had the idea of connecting with Anahita. The more I learned about this goddess, my excitement grew. I felt that Rena was the perfect choice for Anahita. We were lead by our instincts on how to do the shoot, and everything fell into place.
The spell below is for both Ostara & Anahita. Enjoy!
Ostara Seed Spell
What You’ll Need
- Small Pot for Planting
- Paper & Pen
- Cast your circle
- Take the flower, pull the petals off and place them in a circle around you. As you place the petals on the ground, think of what you have lost or let go of during the Winter season. Let the petals go.
- On the paper, write down what you wish to manifest or give birth to this Spring. Place the paper at the bottom of the pot.
- Put the coin on top of the paper.
- Pour the soil into the pot.
- Hold your seed against your chest. Think of what you wrote down on your paper. When you are ready, plant the seed. Pour some more soil on top.
- Pour the water onto the soil.
- Sit with your plant until you feel ready to move forward into Spring.