Casting a circle is a way to create a protective, sacred space for yourself and your magic. You can cast a circle anywhere you’d like, whether it be in your home or outdoors. Choose a place where you feel connected to your environment. Whether you are alone casting a spell or with friends performing a group ritual, creating the circle establishes a safe place for magic.
There are many way to cast a circle. You can adapt and adjust this method to your liking.
• Once you have found the perfect environment for your circle, bring into the circle any tools you’ll be using during your magic practice – candles, crystals, flowers, etc.
• Sit in the middle of your circle with your palms face up. Close your eyes and envision a white light surrounding you and your circle, providing you blessed energy and protection.
• Physically cast your circle by drawing the circle around you. You can sprinkle sea salt, place stones, or use a magic wand (I use a Selenite crystal for my wand).
• Sit facing North. If you’d like, place a stone or candle in each of the four quarters – North, South, East, West.
“Goddess, bless and cleanse this space so that I may be protected from harm and surrounded by your love and light. As I will it, so mote it be. Blessed be.
I invoke from the North the strength and stability of Earth. I welcome you into my circle and ask your guidance and protection during this act of magic.
I invoke from the East the creativity and inspiration of air. I welcome you into my circle and ask your guidance and protection during this act of magic.
I invoke from the South the vitality and passion of fire. I welcome you into my circle and ask your guidance and protection during this act of magic.
I invoke from the West the wisdom and healing of water. I welcome you into my circle and ask your guidance and protection during this act of magic.
Ancient Goddess, Mother of us all, I ask your presence in this my circle I come to you seeking guidance and protection, and ask that you grace my circle with your love and light. My energy flows from me to you and returns once more. May it be. Blessed be.
• Voila! You’ve cast your circle. You’re ready to do your spells, rituals, meditate or any magic work.
• When you are ready to leave your circle, recite:
“I thank you, spirits and elements, for your guidance and protection. I release you.”